Saturday, November 19, 2016

Thanksgiving Feast Part I

Life has been hectic lately. I am planning a Thanksgiving for five and even though I know it will be far too much food there are certain dishes I simply have to bring to the table. It just won’t be Thanksgiving without them.


Even though my life has been a bit busy I still can’t seem to keep myself away from blogging. From sharing my fun in the kitchen with all of you. I think of you as my friends. And what kind of friend would I be if I left you hanging during the biggest cooking holiday in the country? You don’t have to answer that.


So, hopefully this three part series will help you up your Turkey Day game. I’ve got a lot planned for mine. Wish me luck!


If I get time for it I will be publishing a basics guide with substitutions and a glossary as part IV.


Part I: tips for the perfect mashed potatoes & how to homemake your cranberry sauce (so worth it and easy!)


As it turns out I’ve already posted about Part I. Here’s my post from two years ago.


Part II is going to consist of from-scratch green bean casserole, so stay tuned!


Bonus pic of my mashed potatoes:




3 comments:

  1. I'm cooking a small turkey for friends and me. They're cooking the other stuff though I might try for an apple something. I'm going to use the Test Kitchen turkey recipe calling for salting the turkey under it's skin then cooking with high heat to begin with and finishing with low heat. Hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! Let me know how it turns out. More moist? For sure, I would think.

      Delete
  2. Oh I should say this is Becky as I use Blake77 as a nome de plume. Love all the pictures of course they're all about Henry. I wouldn't mind other pictures of dog and Josh and you as well. I've become a voyeur

    ReplyDelete